A. Patricia Diulus-Myers
e: email@example.com | p: 412.227.5886 | cell: 412.759.8321
Prior to joining Segmiller & Associates, P.C., in 2017, Ms. Diulus-Myers has been a successful litigation trial practitioner for over 37 years. A former registered nurse and Major in the Army Nurse Corps Reserves, Ms. Diulus-Myers worked with a corporate law firm after law school and then served as Vice President and General Counsel for a hospital system. She went on to manage her private law practice in which she concentrated in the fields of healthcare and employment law, general litigation and trial work.
For the next twenty (20) years, she was a principal in the national employment law firm of Jackson Lewis, P.C. functioning as a senior litigator and trial attorney. Ms. Diulus-Myers has managed a multitude of litigation matters focusing on issues arising in the workplace. In her over 36 years of legal practice, and admission to the bars of four states, she successfully has handled a variety of jury and bench trials in the field of employment law, including discrimination, retaliation and harassment, executive contracts, whistleblower, restrictive covenants, trade secrets and ERISA cases in both federal and state forums. She has litigated restrictive covenant and business tort cases in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and New York.
Ms. Diulus-Myers served as a barrister with the American Inns of Court, and has been inducted into the Fellows Program for the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. She is a lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and various bar associations speaking on employment law and healthcare issues. Ms. Diulus-Myers is a certified mediator for the courts of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and also participated in the Special Masters Program for the Courts of Allegheny County. She has been accepted on the panels of the American Arbitration Association as an arbitrator and mediator. In 2003, she was appointed to the Merit Selection panel under the Federal Magistrates Act to assess federal magistrates for reappointment to the bench. She is former chair and former vice-chair of the Labor and Employment Law section and a member of the Health Law section of the Allegheny County Bar Association. She is the former chair and longtime member of the Golf Invitational Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation, which focuses on rendering legal services to low-income clients.
Ms. Diulus-Myers is licensed to practice in the courts of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Florida. As a cum laude graduate and alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Ms. Diulus-Myers has served as a judge in the trial and appellate moot court competitions at the law school. She received her bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1980, Cum Laude
- University of Pittsburgh, BSN, 1975, Summa Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
- State Bars of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Florida
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of PA, Eastern District of PA, Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio, Eastern District of Michigan, Northern District of West Virginia and Southern District of West Virginia
Honors and Recognitions
- Selected as a Super Lawyer from 2010-2017
- Rated as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for 2016
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Nursing Honor Society; Life Member; Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since 2009; Preeminent AV rating from Martindale Hubble denoting the highest level of professional excellence.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Allegheny County Bar Association [former Chair of Labor & Employment Council]
- American Inns of Court–past
- Lecturer for Pennsylvania Bar Institute on employment matters
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Pro Bono and Community Involvement
- YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh, Board of Directors; Human Resources Committee
- YMCA Board Champion for Thelma Lovett YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Children’s Festival Chorus, Board of Directors
- “New U.S. Supreme Court Rules on Workplace Sexual Harassment,” Pittsburgh Legal Journal 124 (January 17, 1998) [Author]
- “Noncompete Agreements, How the Courts Approach Restrictive Covenants,” Smart Business Magazine (June 2006) [Author]
- “Avoiding Liability – How to Legally Administer Corporate Wellness Programs,” Smart Business Magazine (February 2007) [Author]
- “Diversity Best Practices, – What Law Firms are Doing to Attract and Retain Minority and Females,” Smart Business Magazine (April 2007) [Author]
- “Why Corporate Initiatives to Promote Inclusion Through Selection of Outside Counsel Can Coexist with Title VII,” Minority Corporate Counsel Association (September 2007) [Author]
“The ABCs of ADAAA,” Smart Business Magazine (December 2008) [Author]
- “Keeping Secrets,” Smart Business Magazine (December 2010) [Author]
- Contributed to and quoted in, “Workplace Pranks Put Employers at Risk,” Journal of Allegheny County Bar Association (April 1, 2016)